Workplace Safety Inspections
Workplace safety inspections are a great way to prevent injuries: after all, isn’t that the goal of safety? Spotting hazards BEFORE they hurt us or our employees?
Workplace Inspections are required by OHSA
Not only that workplace inspections prevent accidents and minimize our injury trends, they are also required by law. Occupational Health and Safety Act requires that a workplace safety inspection is performed at least on a monthly basis. Regulation for Construction Projects in Ontario also requires workplace safety inspections to be completed: every week. So really, to have a strong and compliant Safety System, your organization must complete workplace inspections on a very regular basis.
But you might be busy meeting deadlines and other requirements, and that is okay. We can help.
Master Safety will visit your workplace and perform a workplace inspection on your behalf. While construction sites and industrial shops will mostly benefit from this service, any workplace should be inspected to stay on top of the requirements and hazards.
Why third party safety consultant?
- You want to be compliant but can’t afford full- time safety personnel
- You want to minimize injuries and insurance/liability cost and risk involved with citations
- You want to have a third-party audit to ensure safety compliance
- You want guidance from legal expert to ensure your liability is minimized
- Third party advice is taken more seriously (we stay friendly, but advice coming from a third-party safety professional is usually taken more seriously and therefore will be acted upon by workers)
- You want to have a written record of required inspections and your Due Diligence
- You want to minimize the risk for injuries and possible insurance costs associated
- You want to show your Due Diligence
What does Master Safety visit look like?
Master Safety consultant will visit your workplace, usually unannounced, and ask for a supervisor. Together, they will walk the site and discuss work that is being done. Consultant might choose to speak to workers in order to gain more insight on the work being performed and possible hazards lurking.
For our first introductory visit, we like to take an educational approach: explaining the purpose of visits and getting introduced to everyone. In our subsequent visits, we will have to address issues of non-compliance such as workers not wearing their personal protective equipment. In this case, MS consultant can issue verbal or a written warning, depending on Company’s Disciplinary Policy.
At the end of the visit (we try to keep it quick- around 1 hour), consultant will write a report with their recommendations and observations. These are discussed with supervisor and a hard copy left on site.
On our next visit, we will see if any improvements have been made and discuss any new challenges that a workplace might face.
How much does it cost?
It all depends on the time consultant has to spend on site. We offer discounts for long term projects involving frequent visits or full time coverage. Contact us below to obtain a quote.
Call us today to discuss best plan for your workplace inspections: 416-871-9371 or fill out a form below.